Three years ago today you turned our life upside down and I couldn't ask for anything more wonderful. From the moment you wake up in the morning, you are one great big ball of energy and you don't stop until the moment you go to bed at night. Your wonder and zest for life have renewed my own and I love to see the world through your eyes.
(2 days old) You have definately inherited your daddy's sense of humor. You make us laugh every day with your quick whit and the faces you make. Your memory astounds us. You can remember small, little, tiny, minute things that you've only seen or heard very briefly and will bring them up off the top of your head like they are old hat. One of your favorite things to do lately is to quote movie lines. We're going to have to work on your timing, though. I know you don't understand it now, but there are certain times when "He looked like your mom, dude." from the Ninja Turtles movie, or "Turn on your lights you moron." from Cars just aren't appropriate.You have recently acquired a love for all things outdoors. Nearly every evening you ask to go outside and play in the backyard after dinner. You run. You play with the dog. You ride your bikes. You slide down your slide. You dig with your dump truck. It is such fun to watch you from the kitchen window as we do the dishes. The term 100% boy suits you to a tee.
You have also developed one heck of an imagination. Every time I turn around we are pretending to be someone different. Sometimes you are Diego and I get to be Dora. Sometimes Uniqua rides with us to Leslie's house in the morning, but she's not very good at sitting in her seatbelt. She jumps all over the van and even outside on the trees. Sometimes we pretend to be so many things at once that I can't keep them all straight. You always know who I am supposed to be, though, and are quick to remind me when I forget.
(Three years old)
I am so proud that I get to be your mommy...even on those days when you get in trouble at Leslie's house for spitting water at the lunch table. I can't wait to see what adventures your fourth year will bring.
Love,
Mommy


5 comments:
OMG that was so incredibly sweet, he's not my son but it my tears well up in my eyes thinking about Noelle. You have a way with words and I know that Collin will really treasure that when he is older. You are an awesome mommy!
That is very nice and loving. Beautiful boy.
OMG! My eyes are so swelled up with tears! You are such a wonderful, loving mom.
They grow up so fast, don't they! He sure is a cutie!
OMG, I am having a very hard time fighting the tears on this one. This is so sweet. I agree with Jenn, Collin will really treasure this when he's older. You are such a great mommy.
Post a Comment