You have grown up so much this past year. So much so, that even though you'll always be my little baby, I couldn't title this post "Happy Birthday Baby" anymore. You are very much now a "little man". You've started pre-school and are learning more and more every day. You astound your daddy and I with the amount of knowledge you bring home. A few weeks ago, you even used the word "cognitive" correctly.
Your imagination continues to flourish and grow by leaps and bounds. When I discovered some mysterious marks on the wall in your bedroom and was trying to get to the bottom of how they got there, your response to me was delivered very seriously and matter-of-factly, "Mom, one day when I was sleeping and airplane crashed into my room and that on the wall is where the airplane hit."
In the coming year, I am looking forward to that magical time that everyone tells me happens sometime after turning 4 when the "Terrible Two's" become merely a memory. I am looking forward to hopefully making it through a meal without having to remind you 90 times to turn around, sit down, and use your manners.
You've come so far from the tiny little 6lb 7oz bundle that was placed in my arms 4 years ago today. I can't wait to see what exciting things the coming year has in store for you. Your daddy and I love you very, very, very much and we're so glad that God chose us to be your mommy and daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment