Peg Bundy or June Cleaver?? You decide...but my many misadventures speak for themselves.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Thanksgiving

So, yeah, I'm finally getting around to posting some stuff. Please nobody develop any medical issues due to shock. I don't want that on my conscience.

Anyhoo...we trekked to western Kansas for the Thanksgiving holiday and we all had a fabulous time. The food was good, as was the company. Here are a few pictures from Turkey day. (I'm probably going to get in major trouble for these...but so what. Bring it mom!!)

I do have to say, and I mean no offense to Hays, but the Black Friday shopping left a little to be desired. Not so much in quality, but in quantity. We hit Wally World and were surprised to find that western Kansas folks had finally figured out what the whole Black Friday business was about. There was no difference Black Friday shopping in Hays than there is in Wichita. It was absolute mayhem. After wally world we hit up Home Depot, then took a break to eat breakfast before heading over to Hastings. And, that was the extent of our Black Friday adventures.

We also helped mom set up and decorate the new Christmas tree that she bought at Home Depot that morning. Then we spent the rest of the afternoon debating. Did she like it? Did she not like it? She kinda liked it. But kinda didn't like it. Maybe we should take it back? No...let's put some decorations on it, then see what it looks like. She still kinda liked it, but still kinda didn't like it. Should we take it back? No...let's finish decorating it and then see what it looks like. Did she like it? Did she not like it? It's looking better but she's still not 100% convinced. Should we take it back? No...we've already got all of the decorations on it and it would be a big pain in the rear to un-decorate it, dissassemble it, and return it. No, let's just leave it and stare at it for awhile. Finally after dinner she admitted that it was starting to grow on her. WHEW!!

We also did lots of movie watching over that weekend. Friday evening we rented Twilight. Saturday afternoon Scott and I took in The Blindside, then we watched most of Australia which mom and dad had bought. We missed the last part of that one, though, because Scott and I went to see New Moon with my sister. I LOVED The Blindside, and was pleasantly surprised with both Twilight and New Moon. I wasn't sure what I'd think of them, but they were pretty good. I need to Red Box Austrailia sometime so I can watch the end of it. Mom said we had to leave just as it was getting good.

So, in a somewhat lengthy nutshell, that was our Thanksgiving weekend. :o) Wasn't it worth the wait??

No comments: