Peg Bundy or June Cleaver?? You decide...but my many misadventures speak for themselves.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Little Man

Today is Colin's 6th birthday. Wow. I'm not really sure why, but I'm having alot more trouble with turning 6 than I did with turning 5. He just seems so darn grown up all of a sudden. Yes, he's still the sweet, funny little monkey he's always been. He even still likes to cuddle with his mom...most of the time. And even though he's always been an independent little bugger, he's really growing more and more independent every day. Over the summer he learned how to tie is shoelaces all by himself, and just last night he mastered riding his bike without the training wheels.

He is completely and totally in love with being a kindergartener, and is estatic about learning to read. Over the weekend we ate dinner with Scott's parents at On the Border and he was pointing to words all around the restaurant and reading them correctly most of the time. Behavior reports have been pretty good since starting school. Usually, if the teacher writes anything on his behavior report it's to say that he had a little trouble talking too much that day. Scott's response, "He's my kid. He's going to be a talker." Which is the God's honest truth. Colin's personality is so much like his dad's that it boggles my mind. We have our first parent/teacher conference next week. I'm looking forward to hearing what all Mrs. B has to say about Colin.

I can't wait to see what adventures this year will bring. I know that no matter what is in store for us it will be one heckofa ride. Happy birthday monkey! Love, mom.


DSC05755

No comments: