Wowzers! Time has sure gotten away from me. I dusted off the 'ole blog link today & was struck with the reality of how long it's been since I've posted. Geeze Louise...I think this may be a record absence even for me. But...I'm here now, so I'll update a bit. Let's see...what's happened since November... Christmas was good...WAY good. We were at my folks' house in HaysAmerica for the holiday this year. Colin was spoiled absolutely rotten. Is anyone surprised? No? Me either. Santa must have thought that he was a pretty awesome little boy, because he not only got a skateboard w/ complete set of pads & helmet, but he also got a Nintendo DSi. And ohmygosh...don't just call it a DS. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard, "MOM!! It's a DSi NOT a DS!!" Oh the joys of having a six year old.
So far 2011 has been pretty uneventful. We've been keeping busy with a remodel of Colin's bathroom that is thankfully almost finished. We just have 2 more things to get done and then I'll share pictures. I'm really happy with how it's turned out, but I'm mostly glad that Colin will be back in his own space and his stuff will be OUT of my bathroom. This prospect makes me so happy, that I'm almost happy enough to not care about having another room in the house to clean. Almost.
Colin has also been taking weekly swimming lessons. We're taking a break this month, but will be back at it starting in May. We were a little worried that we somehow had a kid w/ rocks for insides because there for awhile he was seeming to not pick up on things very well. But, I think persistence has paid off and he is doing much better lately and even swimming some in the deep end without the float belt that they usually wear during class. (With the instructor very nearby of course)
Lets see...what else...Colin and I visited my folks a couple of weekends ago. We hadn't seen them since we were there at Christmas, so it was nice to have a chance to visit. We took Colin to the museum and he got the beejezus scared out of him by the anamatronic dinosaurs. Good times! We also went to Diary of A Wimpy Kid 2 with my sister while we were there. It was pretty cute. Other than that, we pretty much just hung out with the fam and played some Wii Party. You know cuz we're crazy like that.
I can't believe that Kindergarten will be over in just a few shorts months. We have another parent/teacher conference tomorrow evening so I'm looking forward to hear Mrs. B's updates since our last conference.
Sportswise...Colin hasn't wanted to play soccer the past couple of seasons, but he said that he wants to play baseball this summer, so we've signed him up for a coach pitch leage that starts in late May.
That's really about it. You may have noticed that this post is pretty heavy on words and pretty light on photos. That's pretty much because I haven't taken many photos lately be they of Colin or of something else. I plan to rectify that in the near future, so stay tuned. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment