Peg Bundy or June Cleaver?? You decide...but my many misadventures speak for themselves.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

There's nothing better than an afformation that you're a good parent.

Sometimes when Colin wakes up particularly early in the mornings (he was on a 5:00 - 5:30 am wake up schedule for awhile) I'll bring him back to bed with me hoping for a few more minutes of quiet rest before having to get up and get him his milk. (Hey, a mom can dream can't she?)



One morning last week the Colin alarm went off bright & early at 5:15am. I stumbled my way across the house, scooped him out of the crib, stumbled back across the house, deposited him in our bed, and laid back down. My hopes were dashed when playtime immediately began. So, Scott and I got up and began getting dressed while Colin happily played away on our bed. The room was still dark, save for the bathroom light. As Colin was playing, he came across the remote to our bedroom TV. He immediately picks it up, turns toward the TV, points the remote at the TV, and looks at me as if to say, "Mom, I think you need to check the batteries 'cause this thing ain't working like it supposed to. When you point this at the TV Elmo is supposed to come on."



Yes, at just over 1 year old, my son knows one of life's most important lessons...how to work the remote control.

No comments: