At work this morning, I received a piece of mail in this seemingly harmless cardboard tube.
For a moment...a very brief moment...the thought flittered across my mind that wouldn't it be big time fun for Colin if I were to take it home, put rice or dry beans in it, seal the ends and let him have hours upon hours of fun expressing himself musically? I even got a mental picture of me watching him, glowing with pride at this thing that I had done for him. Surely, my mother-of-the-year award would be in the bag.
Then, the sane portion of my brain (yes, it is small but it is still there...I swear) snapped me back to reality. I then had visions of pulling my hair out from all of the noise, rice and/or beans strung from one end of the house to the other, and the now empty tube being used as a weapon against me, the pets, and whatever else might come into his path needing to be whacked. This particular scene was definately NOT mother-of-the-year material, trust me.
Thank goodness I was saved from my temporary lapse in judgement and found the mental stability to properly dispose of the tube.
10 comments:
Where's your sence of adventure girl? Denying my Grandson the pleasure of driving his mother insane. PARTY POOPER!!!!!!
BOOOO!!!...FUN SUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!
LMFAO!! That is so true, our temporary lapse of judgement and then we are snapped backed to reality. Thank god for foreshight!
Hee hee, thank God for those moments of clarity!
Hee hee, thank God for those moments of clarity!
Hee hee, thank God for those moments of clarity!
Hee hee, thank God for those moments of clarity!
Hee hee, thank God for those moments of clarity!
You aren't any fun!! Oh wait. . .you must be the Mom of a crazy 2 year old boy like me. Or is it a 10/13 thing?
Deanne: You are so freakin' funny!
Post a Comment