Peg Bundy or June Cleaver?? You decide...but my many misadventures speak for themselves.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

So frustrating

When I leave work in the evening, I take the freeway to get to Leslie's house. There is a section of that freeway, I'd guess no more than 100 yards or so, where everyone slows down. Every.single.day. For no reason. There are no wrecks, there are no cops running speed traps, there is nothing whatsoever that would explain why everyone slows down. And we're talking 65 mph down to 30 mph in nothing flat, sometimes even a standstill. Then, just as quickly as everyone slowed, again for no real reason, it's as if everyone seems to say..."What the hell??"and things get up to speed again.

It's maddening. I usually try to skip out of work a few minutes early to get a jump on the traffic. If I can do that, it seems to not be so bad. There is still a slow down in the same spot, but not nearly as bad.

My point?? I suppose I don't really have one except to bitch about how crappy this is. So, in the words of my good friend Forrest, "That's all I have to say about that."

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Run Forrest Run! LMAO


I so know what you mean though, there is a section of freeway like that here too. Thank the heavens I do not have to commute in it except when coming back from doctors appts during rush hour. I HATE traffic and thank my lucky stars that I don't deal with it at all for commuting to and from work.