Don't everyone fall over at once...but yes, this is a new post from me, and no it's not one just to say, "Yeah, I know I haven't blogged in about 10 zillion years yadda yadda yadda."
We actually did something, it's actually worth blogging about, and I actually uploaded pictures before several months have passed. (Note to self: download video of Christmas Pagent from video camera to computer sometime in the next millennium)
Anyhoo...we loaded up in the family truckster on Sunday to drive down to Frisco, TX for a quick shopping trip. We're in the process of remodeling Colin's bathroom, (yes...I KNOW we just got the basement finished. It's a sickness, I think, that we can't stand to have some portion of our house destroyed at any given point in time) and I found the perfect sink, cabinet, & various accessories in the Ikea catalogue. Ikea only has a VERY limited number of items available to order on-line, and since Frisco is the closest Ikea store to us, we decided that the sink, cabinet, and various other stuff we wanted to get were worth the 5-hour drive down there to pick them up ourselves.
So...I found a KILLER deal on a hotel room for the night (thanks Orbitz!) and we left home not quite bright-eyed and slightly less than bushy-tailed Sunday morning. (Note to self: Never EVER plan to leave on a trip extremely early the morning after daylight savings time kicks in) We arrived in Frisco around noon, and quickly (thanks to Jeannine the GPS) were able to find Ikea. After a quick lunch of some uber yummy Sweedish meatballs we wandered and shopped, and wandered and shopped some more. Then we checked out and waited, and waited, and waited some more for our furniture purchases to be pulled.
After our Ikea adventure, we checked in to our hotel then hit The Container Store and the local shopping mall. We had The Cheesecake Factory for dinner, then shopped some more at Half Price Books and DSW.
Yesterday, we took our time getting up and around, and after a quick breakfast, said bye-bye to our hotel and headed into downtown Dallas to hit up the Dallas World Aquarium. Here are some pictures from our adventure there...
After the aquarium, we grabbed a quick lunch, then jumped in the now loaded-down family truckster for the long ride home. It was a quick trip, but we had fun and I guess that's all that matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment