Peg Bundy or June Cleaver?? You decide...but my many misadventures speak for themselves.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Further evidence supporting my Dr. Jeckyl & Mr. Hyde theory...

Colin started going to his new sitter this week, and so far so good. He had kind-of a rough day Tuesday (1st day), but I expected that much. She said that he was kind-of clingy & a stinker about taking naps. Overall not too horrible for getting used to a new place. At least she didn't give me her 2 weeks notice when I went to pick him up.



Now for the Dr. Jeckyl & Mr. Hyde part...



When I picked him up on Wednesday, she said that he had a great day. He didn't give her any problems about naps, in fact he went right to sleep when she laid him down WITHOUT his binkie. Yes, she laid him down awake and he curled up with his blankie and went to sleep. I was shocked to hear this. At home we MUST have our binkie AND our blankie to go to sleep and NEVER, EVER do we lay down awake. We must always sit on mommy's lap and cuddle and/or rock until we are quite asleep. Then mommy can lay us down.



I really don't mind putting Colin to sleep this way at home. It's always been "our time" to unwind after the day. But I will admit that there are nights (particularly like the ones where he takes his time falling off to la la land) where I wish I could just lay him down and have him drift off to sleep on his own. Ah the joys of motherhood. I guess I should be glad that he chooses to be Mr. Hyde at the sitter and Dr. Jeckyl at home...it's easier to keep sitters that way.

No comments: