I know now how confused men must feel by us women. I am just as confused by my child.
The night before last he was an absolute monster to get to bed. I fought with him for 3 hours before throwing my hands up in defeat and handing him off to Scott. It was very frustrating because I could tell that Colin was just exhausted, but he faught tooth and nail to stay awake. He didn't want to be held, he didn't want to be put in bed, he didn't want to get down and play, he was just pissed.
Last night, though, he was an angel and went to sleep almost right away. No screaming, no fighting, not even so much as a whine. We sat in the rocking chair & he curled right up with his blanket & binkie & was off to sleep.
Maybe all babies have this split personality. Since Colin is my first, I have nothing to compare him to. I don't remember my sisters being this way, but then again I was 15 back then and was more interested in spending all night on the phone with my friends than the sleep patterns of my baby sisters. I am hoping that Colin's current tendency to fight bedtime is only a passing phase. Only time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment