Peg Bundy or June Cleaver?? You decide...but my many misadventures speak for themselves.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Funny story from our trip

Saturday evening, we took Colin swimming at the pool at our hotel. He had a great time like he always does. After swimming, I gave Colin a bath and while I was putting his PJ's on and getting him to bed, Scott decided to take a shower. I said, "Ok" and that I would take one after I got Colin to sleep.



When Scott got out of the shower, he mentioned that he didn't like the shampoo and conditioner that the hotel supplied. (I usually always bring my own shampoo, but was packing light since we were only going to be gone overnight.) He said the shampoo didn't lather worth a damn and the conditioner made his hair feel gross. So, I thanked him for the warning and went about taking my own shower.



Scott was absolutely correct, the shampoo provided by the hotel sucked-ass. Between the two of us we used damn near the whole little bottle they gave us just trying to get some lather worked up. When I put the shampoo bottle down, I nearly fell over laughing. I managed to hold it together long enough to finish my shower and the rest of my nightly routine.



I was still laughing when I walked back out into the main part of the hotel room. Scott asked what was so funny, and I replied that I knew why the conditioner made his hair feel so gross. It was hand lotion. He can't see very well without his glasses on and he grabbed the bottle and used it assuming that it was conditioner. All night long I teased him about how "soft" his hair was.



What's even funnier is that the next morning over breakfast, we learned that Scott's mom had done the exact hsame thing. She's in a similar position of not seeing well without her glasses and she didn't realize until we told her that her hair care product was actually hand lotion.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

That is flippin Hillarious!!