For awhile now, whenever you ask Colin a question his affermative answer has been, "Yeah". I've been trying to get him to say "yes" rather than "yeah", but I'll confess I'm just as guilty of using the slang as he is. It's easy to see where he picked the habit up from.
Lately, however, instead of the usual "yeah" he's been saying "yep" to everything.
Me: "Do you want some milk?"
Colin: "Yep"
Me: "Are you done eating?"
Colin "Yep"
Me: "Did you poop?"
Colin: "Yep"
I gotta admit, it was kinda cute the first 10 or so times I heard it, but after the 10 millionth time or so it's starting to wear thin. I'm guessing he heard one of the other kids at the babysitter's saying it and wanted to give it a try himself. It's not something Scott or I usually say (at least I think it's not). Hopefully it's just a phase & he'll be over it soon. Otherwise we'll be working real hard on saying "yes".
2 comments:
LOL... well, it sounds like it would be cute to me, but I'm sure it could get annoying! :)
I'm sure we'll go through MANY phases of things they say that we really would rather they didn't, just preparation for later in life when they are much more annoying LOL
Post a Comment