This morning Scott had to be at work pretty early so he left the house just as I was getting out of bed and before Colin woke up. So, Colin and I were on our own getting ready to go. Colin woke up as I was putting on my make-up, so he came in my batroom and watched while I finished.
While I was putting on my blush, he asked me what I was doing. I told him I was putting on some make-up so I could look pretty. The next question he asked was could he have my make-up brush. I hesitated a moment, but I have an extra one that I don't use so I got it out of the cabinet and handed it to him. Once he saw me putting the brush in my compact, he thought he needed some too. He handed me his brush and said, "Me do it?" So I took his brush from him and pretended to brush it in my compact. I handed it back to him and he was happy as a clam to sit there and brush it all over his face pretending to put on make-up too.
Then when I was done, I put on my deoderant and he saw me rubbing it under my arms. I went to put it in the cabinet & he asks, "Me tickle too, mommy?" I guess he thought it should tickle to put on the deoderant, so we pretended to put some on him too.
I highly doubt that daddy would be okay with his boy pretending to put on make-up and mommy's deoderant, but you know what? It bought me 5 minutes of peace to finish getting ready for work and I'm okay with that. ;O)
2 comments:
AMEN! We have got to do whatever it takes sometimes. . .good job Mom!
Noelle loves to "put on" make-up, deodorant and all of that, definitely agree that if it keeps them happy while we get ready then I'm all for it! Like how he thinks the deodorant will tickle, cute!
Post a Comment