We're starting to introduce the concept of potty training at our house. Everytime we change Colin's diaper he wants to sit on the potty. He hasn't ever done anything yet, but he's all about sitting there and trying.
Saturday morning, while he was sitting on the potty I went into his room and got a pair of his Lightning McQueen undies to show him and explain that when he learns how to tell mommy when he needs to go potty then he can start wearing them.
Fast foward to yesterday afternoon. Scott and I were talking and I was telling him about my conversation w/ Colin about the undies. Well, in the course of my conversation, I referred to said Lightning McQueen undies as "panties". Wow.
To any other mommies out there with little boys, if you ever want to get a rise out of your hubby, call their son's underwear "panties".
SCOTT: (interrupting me mid-sentence) "WHAT did you just say???"
ME: "Huh?"
SCOTT: "You said Lightning McQueen panties! Boys do NOT wear panties!!"
ME: "Oooookkkkaaaayyyy. I didn't realize it was that big of a deal."
SCOTT: "They're called underwear."
ME: "Roger that."
Call it a freudian slip, call it my ignorance, call it whatever you want. I have officially been set straight & now I'm doing the service of passing on my lesson to all of you. Under no circumstances should mommies of little boys ever call their underwear "panties". My bad. Mommies of little girls, feel free to use the word "panties" all you want.
6 comments:
Check! Even though I don't have a boy, I'll try to stop calling my husbands underwear, panties. LOL.
LOL Don't mess with men and their macho underpants.
Oh that is too funny! I too called Aidan's underwear panties and Dh freaked out!
That's hilarious! My poor DH has and always will wear "panties". With 3 girls plus me in the house, that's all there ever will be! He hates it, but just try correcting them! DH just has to deal with it!
LMAO Deanne!
On side note, we are venturing down the PTing road and takign a piece of advice from another mommy. She used gummy bears or jelly beans as incentive. So we started the other night, one jelly bean for going pee and two if she will poop. This is working good so far and Stephanie is bought in so hopefully we cna make progress. Also she knows she gets her ears pierced once she's potty trained.
Good to know!
Post a Comment