Wanna know the best part?? If you volunteer to help out for the event you get to go to the party for free!! This year I helped in getting the silent auction tent set up. It's cool not only because I got to work with the coolest ladies at the zoo, but I also got to put in my volunteer shift before the event actually begins. So, tonight I don't have anything to do but enjoy the party. Whee!!
The silent auction area is a pretty big deal. People donate everything from artwork, to jewelry, to handmade quilts, to gift certificates for everything under the sun, to sunglasses, to furniture, and tons of other stuff. Our fearless leader, L, did an amazing job of organizing all of us volunteers in getting all of the tables set up and all of the items sorted and arranged with their corresponding bid boards.
This year's theme is "Party with the Penguins." There were lots of these little guys scattered around everywhere.
Our fearless leader, L. You ROCK girlfriend!!
This was just the beginning of the chaos. I think there were 3-4 more loads after this. Beginning to organize the chaos.
My fabulous display of the sunglasses that were donated:
Some of the hand-made quilts that were donated. My MIL made the third one from the right.
Those were pretty much the only pics I was able to get. I didn't have much time to take any more because, sheesh, it's like they expected me to be there to work or something, LOL. I will take some more pics tonight to post later. The "fluffers" were just getting started arranging and making everything look pretty when our shift ended.
To all the great ladies at the zoo (y'all know who you are)...THANK YOU for all the hard work you put in to make Zoobilee the success that it is every year. You guys ROCK!!
Oh, and L...just remember to make sure the printer is plugged all the way in and turned on and you'll be golden sweetie. ;O) (Told 'ya I'd work than in somehow, LOL)
No comments:
Post a Comment