Peg Bundy or June Cleaver?? You decide...but my many misadventures speak for themselves.

Saturday, September 08, 2007

A warm squishy parenting moment

Last night we ate a a place called Logans. When we got up to leave, the couple next to us commented to me, "Your son is so well behaved. What's your secret?" To which I replied, "There really is no secret. We just got lucky tonight. He definately can have his moments, but tonight was a good night." We chatted for a few moments more, then thanked them for their compliment and headed out to the van.

As we headed for the door I asked myself, "Did someone really just use the words "my son" and "well behaved" in the same sentence? But, the more I thought about it, he was really pretty good during dinner. He wasn't a complete angel mind you, but he definately could have been ALOT worse.

These days, going through the "terrible twos" and all, compliments on our parenting skills sometimes aren't easy to come by, so I'll take 'em where I can get 'em.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

That always makes you feel good! I am surprised how often we do get complimented on Noelle since she can be such a holy terror at home. Guess at least fot he most part she leaves it at home or in the car ;) Hopefully we'll be out of the terrible twos and threes soon!

Highlandgal said...

Congrats on that! I know it's always nice to hear nice things like that as opposed to seeing "those looks."