Colin has been potty trained for quite awhile. "Potty" being the operative word in that sentence. Meanwhile, he was happy as a clam to keep on going #2 in his pants.
We tried all sorts of rewards to entice him to learn the concept of pooping on the toilet to no avail. I am not ashamed to admit that we finally resorted to out and out bribery. I am happy to report that, after several experiments, we seem to have found one that will actually motivate our kid...temporary tatoos.
Every success earns a new tatoo. An accident means they all get washed off. I am happy to report that in the last 2 weeks, we've only had 1 accident & no accidents at school! Yes, that was a huge sigh of relief that you just heard coming from our house. Now I have to go find some wood to knock on, LOL.
2 comments:
That is a great reward, I don't think it's bribery. I think it's MUCH better than candy, not much different than stickers. You just have to find what works. I like how the accidents mean washing them ALL off, so much easier than stickers on the potty and would have totally worked with Noelle, too bad I didn't think of it ;-)
Big High Fives to Colin from us all!
Yeah Colin! Alex is a total tattoo addict as well, at one point he had I think 6 on his body including his "chest" as he put it. Nothing like hearing a 3 year old say "put that tattoo on my chest". We are in for it Deanne!
Post a Comment