Peg Bundy or June Cleaver?? You decide...but my many misadventures speak for themselves.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Speaking of "da da" & other milestones...

I'm beginning to think that I need to re-think this whole knowledge is power philosophy I've had since I found out I was pregnant. Maybe I need to stop consulting my Mayo Clinic Complete Book of Pregnancy & Baby's First Year so often. Maybe I need to stop anxiously awaiting my monthly issues of BabyTalk & Parenting magazines. Maybe I need to quit Googling every baby question known to man.



I'm beginning to think that ignorance might really be bliss. Maybe if I didn't know what exactly what milestones Colin should be reaching at exactly each stage in his development I might not push him so hard to reach them. Maybe then I wouldn't stress so much. Maybe then I could revel in each new accomplishment rather than feeling like "Geeze, I wanted so badly for him to accomplish that, but now he has and I'm wondering where my little baby has gone". Maybe, maybe, maybe. Why isn't anything (other than the love of our children) in motherhood certian?

No comments: