Peg Bundy or June Cleaver?? You decide...but my many misadventures speak for themselves.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Colin knows alot about head injuries...believe...me.

I got a call from Miss Leslie yesterday mid-afternoon. She said that Colin had fallen and had quite a nice goose egg on his forehead. I decided to leave work ASAP and go pick him up for a little mommy TLC.



Miss Leslie said she stepped out into her garage for something and Colin was running to follow her. He tripped on the threashold and he hit the lip of her top step right smack between the eyes and down his nose. When I talked to her on the phone, Leslie warned me that it looked pretty bad, and I will agree it did. My poor little guy looked like the elephant man. But, he didn't seem phased by it in the least. In fact, when I got there he ran to me for a quick hug and kiss then immediately wanted down to go play.



Before leaving work, I called our doctor's office to see what I needed to keep any eye out for should anything be seriously wrong, and I kept a carefull eye on him all evening. I gave him some Tylenol since from the looks of him he should have one heckofa headache. He was his normal, funny self all evening though. He ran, he played, he rode on Rusty, he read his books, and he complained majorly the couple times I made him sit still for 10 minutes and put a cold compress on his bump.



It's looking much better this morning. The swelling has gone down quite a bit and his nose is actually more bruised than his noggin is. I didn't take any pics of his sad state...yet. The camera is still packed away from our trip this past weekend. I'll blog about that later.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Poor Kiddo! Noelle knows all about head injuries as well. IN fact on Monday when daycare was closed and I was home with her she fell and hit the side of her head on the CORNER of our break hearth around the fire place. YIKES. I expected to pick her up and see blood running down her face but hardly a mark. They are so resiliant!