Peg Bundy or June Cleaver?? You decide...but my many misadventures speak for themselves.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Tumble Tots

I enrolled Colin in a Tumble Tots class through one of our local YMCA branches. We did mommy & me swimming classes last summer and had a great time. This summer Colin was old enough for the tumble tots, so I thought we'd give that a try too. You can't beat the deal. There's only a minimal charge for Y members & you get 5 weeks of classes (1/2 hour each). They have all sorts of fun activities set up for the kids to do. They have slides, ladders, balance beams, rings, bars, mats to jump on, just all kinds of stuff.



We start each class with stretches, then 1 or 2 activities to do as a group, then the rest of the class time is pretty much a free-for-all playtime. The kids just run and jump and go crazy running from the different centers they have set up that week. By the time we are done Colin is plumb worn out and usually takes a nice nap after lunch. I'm also hoping that he'll maybe see some improvement in his clumsiness.



Here are some pics from Saturday's class:



1 comment:

Jenn said...

Looks like a lot of fun, I wish we had something like that close by our house.