Peg Bundy or June Cleaver?? You decide...but my many misadventures speak for themselves.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

2-year check-up aka another reason I won't be winning "Mom of the Year" anytime soon

Colin's 2-year well check was yesterday morning. The actual appointment part went great. Colin was only too happy to cooperate being weighed and measured. Our doctor is great and always has Colin giggling as he is looking him over.

Weight - 32.8 lbs (wowza!!)
Height - 35 inches

Dr. E said he's 90th percentile, but perfectly balanced for weight and height.

The not-so-great part of the appointment happened in the waiting room BEFORE the actual appointment. We had checked in and were the only ones in the waiting room. Colin was being his normal self. (aka dancing around and being a goof) He was over checking out the magazines on the end-table a few chairs down from where I was sitting whenI noticed the face. The "I'm holding my breath and my face is turing red because I'm pooping" face.

I hadn't brought the diaper bag with me. I had no diapers & no wipes. I herded Colin into the restroom, got the offensive diaper off of him and then tried to figure out what in the heck I was going to do. I really didn't have much choice, so I cleaned him up w/ damp paper towels and he went commando. I asked the nurse when we went back to the exam room if they happened to have any diapers around. She said she'd check and she was able to find one...only it was about 2 sizes too small. We made it work, though, for long enough to make it through the appointment and get home. Oy!!

1 comment:

Alexis said...

Been there done that at the pedi office too. . .I never take a diaper bag with me though, diapers and wipes stay in the car.