Peg Bundy or June Cleaver?? You decide...but my many misadventures speak for themselves.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Giving Credit Where Credit is Due

I have said it before. I am positive I will say it again. I am in sooo much trouble as this boy gets older.

Colin's at that age right now (I am sure my other Oct. '04 moms will have my back on this) where whatever he is doing, he wants to do over and over and over again. If for some reason, say it's time to go to bed, and we have to stop doing what he wants to do, pouting, crying, whining, throwing oneself down on the floor, etc. can ensue. As a way of warding off these tantrums, we've been trying to forewarn Colin by saying things like, "We're going to read 1 more book and then it's time for jammies." It doesn't always work, but sometimes we get lucky. Evidentily Colin's been paying attention.

Last night, Colin was sitting with me for some quiet time before going to bed. He was bringing out every trick he knows to keep himelf from falling asleep. So, he asked for a kiss and of course I was only too happy to oblige. Fast forward a few seconds, and he asked for a hug. Again, how can you say no to your kid wanting a hug??? Fast forward a few more seconds, he asked for another hug. This continued for a few minutes before I finally say, "Colin, you're supposed to be going night night. Mommy's given you lots of hugs." At this point, he looks at me with the saddest puppy dog eyes, he held up one little finger and said to me, "One more??"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! He had me & he knew it. Can you say play-uh??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sucka....J/K. Noelle does the same things, they are so smart and know just what heart strings to tug at.

Anonymous said...

how sweet is that!!! Maygan just says "No nite nite" and will run out of her room. :) not often thankfully but he sure got you :)