Peg Bundy or June Cleaver?? You decide...but my many misadventures speak for themselves.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Taking after mommy in a not so good way

I am a clumsy person. I hate to admit it, but I am. Always have been actually. It looks like clumsiness is one thing that Colin has inherited from me. I'd like to think that his tendency for falling and bumping into things is because he's still on somewhat of a learning curve in the walking department. I'd like to think that, but I really think that he's gonna take after me.



Take yesterday for instance, at the babysitter's house she has a table, the kind you would put behind a sofa (I can't for the life of me think of what they are called right now). It's long and rectangular. The base is made of wrought iron and the top is made of glass. Colin had gotten underneath it. He tripped and fell. When he fell, he hit his forehead directly on the heat/air conditioner register in the floor. When I picked him up last night, he had two nice diagonal lines on his forehead from the register.



The kids are not allowed to play on Leslie's fireplace hearth. Also yesterday, Colin was just walking past it, got tripped up and bumped the side of his nose on the hearth as he fell. So he also had a nice little red mark on his nose last night when I picked him up.



I know that some day Colin will get better at watching where he's going. Until then, I think I'm gonna buy him a helmet. :o)



Just a note: If anyone reads my blog regularly, it seems there have been more than a few posts lately about little "happenings" while Colin is a the babysitter's house. To some, it might seem that Colin is not in the best of hands during the day. Let me assure you that could not be further from the truth. Miss Leslie takes excellent care of Colin. She genuinely cares about him, as she does all her daycare kids. I have complete confidence in her ability to care for my child just as I would.

2 comments:

Highlandgal said...

You didn't really need the disclaimer. If it wasn't happening at her house under her watch it would be at your house under your watch. Emma went through a terrible period where she would walk around totally oblivious to anything below her waist. She'd trip over stuff she should have seen coming from 10 feet away. He'll catch on soon.

Deanne said...

I totally agree. Hence, the post about Colin's bloody nose. I just didn't want anyone to think that I might be complaining about Colin's babysitter.

I'm glad to hear that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, though.