Peg Bundy or June Cleaver?? You decide...but my many misadventures speak for themselves.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Now it's funny

This happened last Tuesday when Colin was being an absolute monster about going to bed. (I'm now blaming teeth for those episodes, btw) At the time, it was somewhat humorous, but frustrating at the same time. Now that sufficient time has passed, it's pretty darn funny & I can appreciate the humor of the situation better.



Anyway, Colin's bed time is 8pm. We settle down for the evening at around 7:30 or so. He sits on my lap and we watch tv or read a book until bedtime. Usually, he falls asleep and I lay him down, but if he's not asleep by 8pm he goes to bed. This is usually not a problem. Tuesday, however, was a different story alltogether.



At 8pm, Colin wasn't asleep so I laid him down, told him "night night," closed the door (I leave it open just a crack), and went back into the living room. Our house is kinda small, so the living room is pretty much right off of Colin's room. We hear him playing around in there for a bit and then he quieted down so we figured that he had gone to sleep.



In playing around, it appears that Colin was able to manuever his crib close enough to his door to be able to reach it and push it open. So Scott and I are watching tv, I'm folding laundry, we hear the door to Colin's room open and there's Colin with an onery grin on his face & all he says is, "Hi."



He was not amused when I went in to lay him back down. 2.5 hours later we finally got him to sleep. Oh the joys of motherhood.

No comments: