Peg Bundy or June Cleaver?? You decide...but my many misadventures speak for themselves.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Big props to single mommies

Scott's out of town right now. It's day 4 and I'm sooo ready to have him back. That old saying...you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone is absolutely true. I'll admit I'm not dying over here, I'll manage. I must say though, that this doing EVERYTHING all by myself crap is for the birds. Laundry is piling up, dishes are sitting in the sink. By the time I get everything done in the evening I just want to crawl into bed, but that's the only time I have to do the work I've brought home from the office. I don't know how all the single mommies out there do it day in, day out.



All that, and both Colin and I miss daddy bunches!! We usually eat dinner with Scott's parents every Sunday. This past Sunday, Scott wasn't there with us and it threw Colin for a loop a little bit. He kept going down the hall looking for Scott in the bathroom. Guess Colin thinks daddy spends alot of time in the bathroom while we're there. LOL.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Sometimes even when you aren't a true single parent it's still like being one. With Robb working graveyard it's really similar. Believe me I'd give anything to have us be on the same schedule so we could share more of the responsibilities. At least you see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

Highlandgal said...

Funny about him looking for Daddy, but sad too.

Erin said...

Awww... I hope Daddy comes home soon!