Peg Bundy or June Cleaver?? You decide...but my many misadventures speak for themselves.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Children's Books

This is Colin's favorite book:






It starts out saying something like, "Five little lady bugs strolling on the shore. Along came a frog and then there were..." You turn the page, one of the lady bugs dissappears, and it starts with, "Four little lady bugs..." and repeats until there is only one little lady bug who ends up at home. It really is a cute little book. The illustrations are great, its short, it's educational, and it's fun to read. I can think of many, many, many, other books that I'd hate to have to read to Colin over and over and over like we do this one.



Scott's comment about the book: "That's it?? If that's all it takes to write a kid's book, then I'm in the wrong business." I just had to laugh at that one.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Noelle loves those books too! She has the 10 butterflies book. I've been meaning to buy her the ladybug book. Mostly cuz I love ladybugs ;) And yes there are much worse books you could have to read over and over like "If you give a Pig a Party" I swear it's the dumbest book ever but Noelle wants it read over and over and over...

allison said...

Avery loves that book too. We also have "10 Wriggly Caterpillars." I think they must like the tactile part of it.

Momma-rama said...

That is Mackenzie's favorite book too! I have a picture of her reading it on my blog from a few months ago! It is such a cute book :)

Erin said...

That looks so cute! I might have to check on that one.

catankgirl said...

Olivia had this book, but I think it was 10 Little Ladybugs. She had a ladybug themed first birthday, so she got several copies of it. ;-)

(BTW, I love the look of your blog, how did I miss it up to now???)