Peg Bundy or June Cleaver?? You decide...but my many misadventures speak for themselves.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Not even 18 months old yet...

...and already my son is a smart-ass. AAAAHHHHH!!!!!



He was home yesterday with daddy and he didn't nap well. Scott said he maybe slept for 20 minutes in the morning, and another 35 in the afternoon. Usually, he takes 1 good nap (2-2.5 hours) at some point during the day.



Anyway, my point with all that was that last evening, Colin was a little terror. He was overtired and had reached a point where he was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to keep himself awake. He was running around, throwing toys, stomping on books, chasing and hitting the dog, climbing on and standing on the couch, and standing on his Nemo chair (which easily tips over) daring me to do something about it. So, I sat him in what we decided will be his time out spot. He sat for a few seconds, and I told him that he could get up. A few minutes later, he did something else and before I could even tell him, "no" he flashed me a grin, ran over to the time out spot, and sat himself down, looked over his shoulder and just laughed at me. Okay, message received loud and clear...time out not working right now.



A short while later, I was very close to my wits end and after telling him not to hit the dog for about the 10th time. I got down on his level, put on my stern face, looked him in the eye, opened my mouth to give him my very best stern mommy "No", he's looking up at me and before I can get a word in edgewise, says "NOH", flashes that damn shit eating grin, and runs off.



Daddy left the room to laugh until he cried. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. He did this 3 or 4 more times before the evening was done. Everyone says his red hair is sooo cute. I'm beginning to think that the red hair in combination w/ daddy's onery genes spells big trouble for mommy.

3 comments:

Highlandgal said...

Oh boy, deep breaths for mommy...

Jenn said...

I have to laugh becuase Noelle does the same stuff, flashes those grins when they know they are being bad and you are trying so hard not to laugh but yet you are still not happy with them....Remember this is just the beginning ;)

allison said...

What a little stinker!