Peg Bundy or June Cleaver?? You decide...but my many misadventures speak for themselves.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

We're in big trouble now

Colin has figured out how to work the handle on his bedroom door. It's the lever kind that you just push down, not a regular knob, so it's really not that difficult to do, he's just never had any interest in opening and closing his door until last evening.



Colin was playing quietly in his room (see the "I Have a Hider" post), I was sitting in the living room, and Scott was in our bedroom changing clothes for a meeting he had to go to. Usually when Colin manages to shut his door completely, he gets mad because he can't get it back open. Scott and I both heard the door close, and he says (as if I weren't sitting 5 feet away from Colin's door and didn't hear it shut, but that's a whole other post) "He shut the door, he's gonna get mad because he can't open it back up." No sooner were those words out of his mouth and I started to get up to go open the door, Colin opens it up and peeks out from behind it with the biggest grin on his face. Guess he showed daddy. Opening and closing the door repeatedly provided at least 15 minutes of entertainment. Fun stuff.



Colin has also figured out the joys of rolling his crib around his room both while he's in it by pushing off of the wall and while he's not in it by dragging it all over. If we don't get it back in just the right spot and it's close enough to the door, he can stand up, open up the door and have a pretty good view of the tv from the living room when he's supposed to be going to sleep. God forbid he ever figures out the light switch is right there too. Oy!

No comments: